How to Avoid Kitchen & Bathroom Mold
Mold is a type of fungi that grows on surfaces, mainly via reproducing spores that spread from one surface to another. Molds are a common household nuisance because all they need is an ample water supply and a lack of ventilation. Since the kitchen and bathroom are the most humid parts of your home- they’re highly susceptible to mold.
Causes of Kitchen and Bathroom Molds
Mold forms in your kitchen or bathroom because these spaces offer plenty of water. Here are some causes:
- Humid (Moisture) in the environment; this usually occurs due to washing-related activities in the kitchen and bathroom, indicating that the use of water is a chief contributor to mold growth.
- Lack of ventilation and adequate light (molds form in the dark recesses of your bathroom and kitchen)
- Various materials such as drywall, fabrics of the towels and other clothing in the bathroom, or maybe the damp pieces of cloth in the kitchen. Rugs and other paper products are also a cause.
Of course, it doesn’t imply that all water-consuming equipment is likely to cause mold.
People with respiratory conditions might face problems when they breathe in mold spores. Moreover, children (especially babies) are highly vulnerable to developing allergies or health conditions via contact with molds present. And, this is primarily due to babies’ immune systems that are still under development and growth.
Mold Prevention Tips
- Install ventilation systems such as proper duct systems or a few fans inside the bathrooms or the kitchen. This keeps humid air out and allows dry air to come in.
- Use dehumidifiers and air-conditioning units
- Use stretchable curtains to ensure proper lighting inside the kitchen and bathroom space.
- Prevent accumulation of excess water, even in the smallest quantities. Wipe it off or drain it completely.
- Try putting gloss paint on walls to prevent the spread of molds.
Also, keep an eye out for any signs of mold on the corners of walls, spouts, ceramic or porcelain floors, and commodes. Be extra careful when checking surfaces that come into contact with water.
Contact Roy’s Restoration in Boston
To eliminate your kitchen and bathroom mold problems, we have some of the best professionals on our team. Roy’s Restoration employs trained staff to provide impeccable mold removal surfaces for your home. We use long-term techniques to prevent future mold problems as well.